Every time I go running up the wall of the rift valley here in Mto wa Mbu I pass the school and the community centre. In addition to the AMAZING view and the great workout , what makes me really happy is that there are children playing on the Sue and Martin Parnell playground! The playground is locally built and is the only public playground around. In addition there are new homes popping up around the area.
It has been 4 years since it was built and it is in need of some TLC. Such a gift for the students at the school, and the children living in the area that have a place to play! Repairs and upgrades that we would love to get done include;
- creating a shade area for the hot days/ afternoons
- putting sand/ soft ground down
- repairing the merry go round that had an arm fall off
- replace the wooden slide with a rolling PCV pipe slide
- replace the wooden seats in the teeter- totter
- install new additions
- we already acquired about 20 old tires that we can use to build some cool climbing/ agility structures
WANT TO HELP?
- We are accepting donations for playground upgrades!
- email Boma Africa: email@example.com